Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Still having fun

Monday and Tuesday Hank and went diving both days. All 4 dives were really good ones.

On Monday we saw a couple of turtles and got some video of them. Also saw several Moray eels and lobster. I found a couple of conch shells that were not great but at least they did not have any “residents” in them. On the second dive we went through several tunnels and on one very small diameter one I had a tight time getting through. I didn’t panic since there were 4 others to help me if I got stuck. I worked my way through without any help!!! Also saw 2 turtles and got some good video of it. I got two smaller conch shells

On Tuesday we did 2 dives also and Peter was not available so we had a different captain on the boat. He was quite good also. On these dives we were around a lot of ledges and overhangs and on the second dive I even went into a small cave. We saw several large lobsters but we are not allowed to take any of them home for dinner!!! I did find a very nice large pink conch that was nearly totally buried in the sand. It did not have a resident and I brought it up. Carol was very pleased with it. It does require a lot of cleaning.

So now we have 3 shells to bring home and naturally they stink yet. We are going to get a Priority Mail box and ship them back to us along with some smaller shells and a rock Carol found.

No comments:

Post a Comment