Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Our shells arrive

Before we left St Thomas we sent the shells I found while SCUBA diving by Priority Mail because we didn't have the room for them in our luggage. The other reason was because one of the shells still had a part of a dead critter in it and it was beginning to really reek. We did pack it inside a zip-lock bag to keep odor contained.

Yesterday the package finally arrived and the mailman came to the door with it. When I answered the door I said "We finally are getting our shells from St Thomas." He handed me the box and the other mail and said "This box really smells bad!!" And it really did reek but not as bad as when I opened it. I took the stinker shell out and hosed it down in the yard and got all of the dead stuff out of it and then soaked all three shells in a weak mixture of Clorox.


Today I got the biggest one cleaned of the stuff that clings to the shells and then took a couple of pictures of it with Carol holding it. If you want to see the picture larger, just click on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment