Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Recovering

My surgery was delayed until yesterday to remove the spurs/bunions and it went very well. I took a nap and when I woke they were gone!!!! The surgery took less than 2 hours for all three spots. The large toe bumps were really spurs according to the doctor but the one on the right foot on the right side of the small toe was a true bunion. I don't know what the technical difference is!! At least the ones on the large toes had not caused the big toe to change it's angle, so no work had to be done to correct that.

I now have to keep the feet elevated as much as possible and put ice on and off to keep the swelling down. I have these neat shoes I wear to support the toes and I can walk around on my heels. I am having no real pain at all and but I can feel the itchy healing starting. I will get an appointment with the doctor to get the bandages off and the stitches out which he said probably would not be until Jan 4. That means I will not be dancing at the New Years Party we are going to or the Jay Smith dinner/dance at the Punta Gorda Elks on Jan 2.

I am sure I am going to find it a lot easier to find shoes that fit now and I will not have the rubbing and pain that I have gotten in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment