Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I must be lazy or busy!!!!

Since my last post Carol and went to spend a week at a time share in Daytona Beach. We had not been there in several years and used a banked RCI week to stay at a Wyndham resort right on the beach. It was a large place with two towers of rooms, 3 outdoor pool, a "lazy river" for tubing, a hot tub and two indoor pools. Of course it was right on the beach.

We were a little surprised that there were very few driving on the beach as it was when we went there many years ago. Of course they now charge to go on the beach with your car, so I am sure that has reduced the cars. The overall beach is about the same as it still very wide and has a very gentle slope in the water. You can walk quite far into the surf and still have the water only up to your waist.

I went to do some snorkeling at the beach and as I was walking out my feet got quite cold. So cold that I did not want to get the rest of me wet!! The water temperature had to be in the mid to high 70's rather than in the 80's. Too cool for me!! Overall the weather was warm but not as warm as at home.

The resort was right next to a movie and restaurant complex. We did not go to any movies but we did eat at Bubba Gump's Seafood and had a delightful meal. A Sloppy Joe's was also there plus some fast food places. While doing some walking of the city we found a great Greek and Pizza place and had lunch and dinner there on two occasions. Their small Greek salad was huge and when we each got one, we took a complete one back to the condo.

One evening we went to the Ponce Inlet area and had a good seafood meal and had a good guitar player to entertain us. He is the first entertainer I ever go to play my favorite Jimmy Buffet song "Let's Get Drunk and Screw"!!! However, neither Carol or I got drunk!!

We left Daytona to spend time in Jacksonville to evaluate hotels for the upcoming Hazelwood reunion in 2011. You can read about that week in my Hazelwood Blog when I get it posted in a day or two. Get to it, if you wish, by clicking on it in my profile area.

On the 20th of this month we are taking the motorhome to Sebastian Inlet State Park on the east coast of FL for 5 nights. We are making our RV trips shorter but still want to run the motorhome to keep it in shape.

So that's about it for mow

Before we arrived at the condo, at the beginning of our week,we stopped a massive flea market and spent several hours wandering it. I did find some nice (cheap!) sunglasses to replace my scratched ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment