Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Mini Trafford HS Reunion

Last week I called my Trafford buddy, John Serafin to let him know that I had joined the American Legion and he will get $5.00 from them since he recruited me. While talking to his wife, Mary Lou, we decided to go to the Venice Italian American Club for dinner on Friday, SEP 11.

They have great homemade sauce and they give us enough pasta for three meals all for $8.00 each!!! That includes 2 large meatballs or two pieces of sausage or one of each, plus salad and dessert.

I decided to surprise John at dinner by inviting another of our Trafford graduates. John had given me telephone number of Laverne Consoli (Lambert) about a year ago but I had never called her. She lives in Venice and is only about 8 miles from us. I also had found her listed in the Trafford directory that I got on CD about 6 months ago.

So I called her after not having spoken to her in over 50 years!!! Naturally she was quite surprised and was also very happy to join us for dinner. As it happened, John and Mary Lou got to the club just ahead of us and Laverne and her husband Gene arrived nearly at the same time as Carol and I. We had agreed that the first one there would call the other on the cell phone and when I called, I saw this gal walking toward me answer her cell phone. When she did I just said "You are looking at me!".

It was a great reunion and John was pleasantly surprised. Laverne and her husband have an RV Trailer and camp around the state some, so we are planning to get together for some camping together. She would also wants us to let her know when we are going to the Elks for dinner and dancing even though her husband does not dance (yet!!). Also during the winter some other Trafford Alum come to FL to visit with Laverne and we are going to try to make it an even larger mini reunion!!

All in all, it was a great experience to see old friends and talk about old times.

No comments:

Post a Comment